[pct-l] Hiker division out of Kennedy Meadows

Meridith Rosendahl meridith.rosendahl at gmail.com
Fri May 20 12:20:56 CDT 2016

From:   Douglas Tow <douglastow at gmail.com>
To:     <pct-l at backcountry.net>,
Date:   05/19/2016 08:36 AM
Subject:        [pct-l] Hiker division out of Kennedy Meadows
Sent by:        Pct-L <pct-l-bounces at backcountry.net>

Some hikers have bounced forward to section N.  Not advisable at this
time.  The only place really hikeable right now is from Old Station north
to Burney.  Other hikers have tried to hike north from Belden and have not
succeeded due to too much snow and high water.  Some have tried to hike
through Lassen Natl. Park.  Two women succeeded, one guy did not and had to
bail.  Both women bailed north of Burney and before Castle Crags.  It's
just too early.  I have heard that some hikers have succeeded hiking south
from Ashland to Seiad Valley.

Right now it's snowing at elevations around 6500 feet in Norcal.

Piper's Mom

I am looking for information about hikers departing Kennedy Meadows.

Are a meaningful number bouncing north?

Of those bouncing north, where is the predominant point of reentry, and in
what direction?

Of those not bouncing north, is there a meaningful number entering the
Sierra?

If anyone knows of hikers already in the Sierra, whereabouts might they
be?  Individual hiker info, with or without names, would be very helpful.

Many thanks,

Chipmunk