[pct-l] Good uses for "Dead Hiker Husbands"

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Mon May 30 05:19:40 CDT 2016

Melanie,
A green burial with a tree planted over me sounds good.
However, I believe Karen will just dispose of me in the vegetable garden,
behind the house, and plant tomatoes on top of me.
She likes tomatoes.
How about "Cannibalism", would that not be even more environment friendly
than a "Green Burial"?
No graveyards, no energy consumption, no pollution and no wasted energy,
everything will be put to good use.
It also would reduce the slaughter of millions of innocent animals since a
cannibalistic societies dependency on animal meat consumption would be
reduced.

Since it is "Memorial Day" weekend I am staying up late and doing a little
drinking.
Some folks say I do some of my best thinking when I am drinking.

Seeeee,.... I do some good thinking when I am drinking.

JMT Reinhold

Melanie wrote:
All joking aside, I think "Green Burials" are the way to go, especially for
us hikers.  I once considered cremation as it is better than millions of
graveyards with 7 billion people.  Pretty soon the whole earth will be
nothing but graveyards.  However, cremation requires a large quantity of
fossil fuel and pollutes the air.  In a green burial, people are wrapped
only in a shroud and returned to the earth and they plant a tree over you
instead of a tombstone.  The earth needs more forests to buffer our carbon
production so leaving behind a forest will be better for the planet long
term and is a fitting end for a hiker.

Diet Plan
On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 12:10 PM, Jim & Jane Moody <moodyjj at comcast.net