[pct-l] SB Section hike-Mckenzie Pass to Hwy 140 Fish Lake

sdscpcts sdscpcts at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 9 13:52:26 CST 2016

Herb,
     To get to McKenzie Pass take Amtrac to Eugene. From there take highway 126 east to highway 242, which goes to McKenzie Pass.       To get to Klamath Falls from highway 140 should be fairly easy as there is a lot of traffic between Medford and Klamath Falls that uses this road.     I would recommend starting about the third week of July.
          Mataguay Connector

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A
-------- Original message --------From: Dennis Phelan <dennis.phelan at gmail.com> Date: 10/19/16  3:41 PM  (GMT-08:00) To: Herb Stroh <HStroh at sjmslaw.com> Cc: pct-l at backcountry.net Subject: Re: [pct-l] SB Section hike-Mckenzie Pass to Hwy 140 Fish Lake
Mckenzie Pass is just outside of the town of Sisters which is close to
Bend,  I would go to Bend.  I would go in the beginning of August; less
mosquitos.   I am not sure about the amount of traffic on hwy 140, but it
is the only way to get to Fish Lake so would expect a fair amount of
traffic, however Fish lake is not a huge resort, so there will not be a ton
of traffic. You might consider getting a room at Fish lake and they might
be able to help you get a ride to a major town.