[pct-l] Osprey Packs

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Sun Nov 13 12:44:03 CST 2016

On Sun, Nov 13, 2016 at 12:01 PM, Robert E. Riess <robert.riess at cox.net> wrote:
> You sure see a lot of Osprey packs out on the trail.  I hike comfortably with my full Bear Vault 450 inside my Exos 48.  Many excellent Osprey packs are 25% off at Mountain Gear.  BR

I've never been a huge fan of Osprey packs; had one for most of the AT
in 2014 and after the third time the same zipper broke and I had to go
into town and fight with their exchange people over the phone I gave
up and got a Gregory Z pack at a friends recommendation. It was the
same size, but everything just seemed to fit better and the storage
spaces were better contrived so it was a lot easier to access things.
The shoulder straps on the Gregory weren't quite as comfortable, but I
liked the rest of the bag so much more that it didn't especially
bother me. The Gregory came with a rain cover too, which was a nice
little bonus (although for all I know some of the Ospreys do, mine
just didn't).

Just my two cents, your mileage may varry.

—Sam

--
Sam Whited
pub 4096R/54083AE104EA7AD3