[pct-l] Incompetent veins

Sabrina Harrison troopharrison at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 10:38:01 CDT 2016

Hey everybody!

As if life post-40 and the rigor of a household with four children is not challenging enough, I've recently been diagnosed with "incompetent veins." Like most incompetent things, I guess they've been slacking behind the scenes because I haven't been able to tell yet. It was like a medical bait and switch. I went in for one issue, and they discovered that instead.

My doctor, (whose veins are extremely competent) would like me to "take it easy" and "not stress the system."  He would also like me to wear compression socks 100% of the time, or as close to it as I can stand. He is talking about mindfulness to the level that, should I decide to go on a 3 hour roadtrip, I would bring my compression socks. I didn't have the heart to tell him I have aspirations of through hiking the PCT in 10 years, along with some LASH's as I wait.

I told you this, partly to amuse myself, perhaps to amuse you a little bit, and also to ask for people to chime in if they have any advice on distance hiking with incompetent veins.

Cheers,
Hacker

Sent from my iPhone