[pct-l] Section E-F conditions

David Hough reading PCT-L pctl at oakapple.net
Mon Apr 3 16:30:30 CDT 2017

The temperature and wind forecast are attractive next week for some of the
more grueling dry desert sections.

I just checked pctwater.org and read that last month (March) water was
flowing in Tylerhorse Creek, and Golden Oaks and Robin Bird Springs
were in good shape.     Any further update?

There also was a note about the trail between Tylerhorse and
Tiger Tank:

 3/31/16 (Rustic & Teatime): The trail is extremely damaged from the huge
 storm that came through a few weeks ago, with lots of washouts and uneven
 trail, especially between mi 541 and 548.
 Impassable for horses and some people might have trouble too.

The PCTA web site is even more negative, but the report is Dec 2015.
There's also a report that Hwy 58-Willow Springs Rd trail was bad in Oct 2015.
Any further update?

Donna Saufley reported numerous blowdowns on the beginning of section F,
but that was in Feb 2016, so I assume that those were dealt with,
though there might be new ones from the past winter.