[pct-l] Epic snowyear: K10 Crampons --> boots mandatory ?

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 23:10:00 CDT 2017

 They're great for trail runners and were designed with them in mind.  I
used them daily in 2010, another high snow year as we just never got a melt
out on an above average snow pack, which meant 5 weeks of snow travel.  I
used the earlier, aluminum spike form, which is  no longer available.  The
two of us who used them in our group, loved them and I counted them as some
of my favorite gear on that thru hike.  Perfect for trail runners and they
provide a more secure platform than microspikes when cutting steps on steep
traverses.  An ice axe or whippet should be in hand whenever you're using
cramps.

Have a great hike!

Shroomer