[pct-l] PCT Section N or F or D late June?

Susan Virnig susanvirnig at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 16:35:03 CDT 2017

I’m a section hiker and had been hoping to hike Section N from Belden to Old Station the last week or so of June, but with the record-breaking snowfall, is that possible?  Last year while hiking the Hat Creek rim section on June 23-26, I heard that hikers had to turn around in the Lassen area because of so much snow.  And there’s more this year.  Any thoughts?

So instead, I’m wondering about doing either Section F, Highway 58 to Walker Pass at Highway 178 OR Section D through the San Gabriel mountains.  But are those just too hot and/or waterless during the last half of June?

I’ve hiked from Sierra City north to Manning (except the remaining portion of Section N above) so I’m looking to hike new trail this June, but don’t want to be potholing thru the Sierra.  Any recommendations?

—Susan from Spokane (Sunshine)