[pct-l] April 2017 Thru Hike

Todd Cantor tcantor33 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 02:02:34 CST 2017

HI Barry,

If I jump north it will be via the Lone-Pine>>Reno Bus with a connector in Reno to the Amtrak “Zephyr” up to Truckee with a hitch to Donner. Agreed that there will still be snow on the ground in places, but I’ll be GPS armed with spare batteries and the other appropriate gear. In my experience, late spring snow at 8K is much easier than late spring snow at 11K+.

I am seriously thinking through the different approaches and ramifications. I have a planned a family vacation that required quite a bit of forward planning, more than the hike actually and it will take me off trail for almost two weeks in August. Hence my concern about timing.

Anyways, appreciate the input. It gave me a good gut check on making sure to check weather and snow levels.

Cheers,
Todd