[pct-l] So Cal Peak bagging this year?

Dale McDuffie dale.mcduffie at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 17:55:50 CST 2017

I'm starting my hike on March 27 from Campo and have a desire to bag
Taquitz Peak (via the Devils Slide Trail), San Jaciento and San
Gorgonio, IF, that is, the weather and snow levels permit it.

I know to answers to what I'm about to ask have a lot of "it depends..."
answers, but I'll ask anyways:

Have any of you PCT regulars bagged these peaks in early April? Assuming
there isn't heavy snowfall after mid March, will the trails to the peaks
be passable?  Will micro-spikes be sufficient to climb these or will
crampons/ice axe be required?

Same questions for Baldy and Baden-Powel later in the month?

Thanks!