[pct-l] Getting cold feet

Jeffrey Olson jjolson58 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 00:17:40 CST 2017

I would think that starting May 15 to 20 would put you at the beginning
of the Sierra about the 1st of July or so, likely a good plan this
year.  On April 1, someone will list the ideal date to enter the Sierra
based on snow averages.  A normal snow year has this date be June 15.
The first of July might good this year, or likely, even later.

It's really hard to say when it is a good time to enter the Sierra
before April 1.

The same goes for other trails - CDT, Great Divide Trail, Pacific
Northwest Trail, Bigfoot Trail, Arizona Trail, Oregon Desert Trail.
There are enough long trails mapped you could actually hike a couple
three of them over three or four months...

Jeff
Laramie, WY