[pct-l] Steep Snow Travel

Town Food pctl at marcusschwartz.com
Wed Feb 8 16:30:56 CST 2017

This reminds me, my experience was that the descent into Sonora Pass was
much, much more dangerous than any of the "famous" Sierra passes
(including Forester).  Is this normal?  Sonora Pass was much more steep
and slippery than any other pass on the PCT for me.

Since I'd heard lots of fuss about Forester, Muir, etc., I sent my
Microspikes home at Red's Meadow.  It turned out the one place I
would've liked them most was north of there, at Sonora Pass.

 -=Marcus