[pct-l] Steep Snow Travel

Sebastian Opalko sebastian.opalko at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 18:37:51 CST 2017

It'll be a great year Marmot. I’m so glad that we’ll most likely have more water sources this year. I have a very bad lower back with two slipped disks. I cannot carry more than 20 pounds. It’s extremely difficult to get base+food+water+gas under 20 pounds. I paid so much money to get every piece of gear at the lowest weight. I’m so thrilled and happy for all that snow and that my chances to complete the trail are actually higher now.

All I want to say - nothing is really good or bad. It’s all about how you look at things. So much snow might bring new risks and difficulties but it’ll also give us great benefits like unforgettable memories, struggles that lead to new strengths, and of course WATER to drink that allows a lighter backpack for people with any kind of joint issues.

See ya’ll on trail.