[pct-l] Feb 22 Snowpack and Bay Area Walks

Weathercarrot - weathercarrot at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 22 12:58:08 CST 2017

The latest CA snowpack chart is showing the high Sierra south of Tahoe at or above the record 1983 level for this date.  With more snow coming this weekend, it looks like we'll stay ahead of it for the time being, although the extended forecast shows a dry period starting next week.   Interesting note - you'll notice on the chart that the big melt in 1983 didn't kick in until the first week of May, with the snowpack remaining level through April.  So for this year, we'd need a very wet and cold spring to stay in record territory.

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cdecapp/snowapp/swcchart.action

Also, of interest to perhaps a few on pct-l, I've recently compiled a new gallery on my website called Bay Area Walks, which is a collection of hikes in the Bay Area over the past 5 years.  Thanks to Shroomer for introducing me to several of those areas.  As usual, these shots are more effective in full screen on something bigger than a phone.   There's other new stuff on the site as well.

https://weathercarrot.smugmug.com/Weathercarrot-photos/Bay-Area-Walks