[pct-l] Snow snow snow. Let's go!

Casey Stevens costevens078 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 15:45:22 CST 2017

Looks like it's going to be a big snow year. And that means our journeys
will be all the more epic!

I'm trying to shoot this thru-hike in 100 days. And I don't plan on
failing... Even if there's snow...

My training began months ago. My nutrition is almost dialed in. I will be
hitting Campo in May, and as soon as my feet hit the ground I will be ready
to crank big days. I intend to go straight through without a flip-flop.
I am ready for the snow and the challenges it brings! I hope you are, too!

Here's a helpful link: http://www.postholer.com/journal/Pacific-Crest-Trail/
2011/gg-man/2011-01-16/Fast-Packing-the-PCT/20018

Malto did a 100 day thru-hike in 2011, which was also a huge snow year.
Even if you're not planning on going that fast, his journal talks a lot
about snow travel and the pains he faced while trying to make his target
speed. This has been an invaulable piece of information in my preparations.
And I'm sure it can help some others out this year, too!

Hope to see some of you out there. I'll have a website detailing my
preparations - food lists, gear list, nutrition guide, etc...  I'll share
it when I have the site up and running.

Good luck to you all. Hope to find a few speedsters looking to have some
fun in the snow!

Casey "Gandalf"