[pct-l] My first post since 2003

Jeffrey Olson jjolson58 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 00:08:19 CST 2017

I belong to the facebook groups focusing on hiking the PCT, and I enjoy
the enthusiasm and naivety there.  Perhaps there is another use for this
forum, now pretty dead for a couple years.

Maybe Shroomer is on to something - "I just keep hiking at whatever pace
I can do and it's all good."  The other one makes me cringe a bit -
"Geezers Rock."

What use is this forum?  Right now it's dead.  I'd love to hear stories
of situations others can learn from, without being told what they should
do.  Maybe young people would join and participate.  I love stories...

Jeff... Laramie, WY (Santa Rosa, CA)

On 1/14/2017 8:39 PM, Scott Williams wrote:
> Yeah, welcome back is right!  Geezers rock!  I just keep hiking at whatever
> pace I can do and it's all good.  And, because I can't afford a Nepalese
> Sherpa, (although, one trains with us out here in CA during the winter, and
> man can that dude hike!) I can't afford the heavy packs of my youth.  I
> have to go UL or not go at all at this point.
>
> Glad to have you back.
>
> Shroomer

---