[pct-l] My first post since 2003

Jim L Banks jimlbanks at verizon.net
Sun Jan 15 20:24:37 CST 2017

You might want to look at Altra trail runners.  They have become very popular the last few years.  Their toe box is actually shaped like your foot and allows your toes to splay out when you walk, like they naturally want to do.  They also have what is called a zero drop heal.  Read the information on their website to see what that is all about.  Most PCT hikers wear the Lone Peak model.  There is also a model that has more cushioning - the Olympus.  I wear the Lone Peaks when hiking and the Olympus when walking my dog because when I walk my dog I am mainly on concrete sidewalks and I need a little more cushioning.  I love these trail runners.  They also have a built in gaiter trap.  The only down side is that I really can't wear any other kind of shoes now that I have become accustomed to the wide toe box and the zero drop heal.

I-Beam