[pct-l] Section Hike

Jeffrey Olson jjolson58 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 21:09:38 CST 2017

Summer snow levels aren't really projected til April.  Right now my
sister's house at 4000' in southeast Bend has over three feet of snow on
the ground - unheard of in the 20 years she's lived there.  AT 6300' on
Mt. Bachelor the snow is 100" deep today.  At the 7300' level, it's
122".  The resort has had 316" of snow since October 1.

McKenzie Pass, at 5300' has opened as late as July 29.  If you've free
time, you could link the opening dates to April 1 snow levels.

http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/HWY/REGION4/Documents/McKenzieHighwayOpeningClosingDates.pdf

Jeff
Laramie, WY

On 1/18/2017 6:53 PM, Colton Kohnke wrote:
> Very nice discussion. Except it has me reconsidering my section hike plan!
> I was planning on starting at Crater lake and heading northbound to
> Manning. I'd start about mid June and end around mid August. Basically, am
> I nuts to do that portion that early in the season?
>
> Thanks,
> Colton

---