[pct-l] Snow-free routes

Jeffrey Olson jjolson58 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 14:41:16 CST 2017

You could start at Hat Creek, or in Lassen, and hike south to Mt.
Whitney and out at Whitney Portal.  That's about 750 miles.  When asked
where you're hiking this year, answering, "Lassen to Whitney" has a nice
ring to it.  The first couple weeks in October are beautiful in the
southern Sierra - and you'll likely have the JMT part to yourself.  And
if weather does come through, there are multiple bail points.

I've been snowed in in mid-september in the Emigrant Wilderness, - it's
kind of the luck of the draw, as you probably know.

Jeff, Laramie, Wy