[pct-l] Iiphone battery recharger

Rick Parker rickrparker at icloud.com
Mon Jan 23 21:02:51 CST 2017

RavPower . com has a couple of interesting options and good data to formulate a strategy.  Figure out how may mAh (milliamp hours) your phone battery needs to go from dead to full.  For example an iPhone 6 has a 1810 mAh the iPhone 6plus has 2915 mAh.  So it stands to reason if you have a 6400 mAh external battery that’s a bit more than 3 charges.  See how many days you can go today just on the airplane mode with the occasional calls.  Be mindful that your GPS features on your iPhone work while on airplane mode.  So that means you can drive on HalfMile app and Guthook app for several days.  Power management is important.  The display is a substantial amount of drain, of course if you are in a low or no signal area your battery drains as your phone keeps searching for a signal - another big drain.

IMHO as important as mAh external batteries is the actual AC charger you’ll spend a long time plugged into an AC outlet with a 5 watt charger trying to charge your device(s).  Do some research on how long it take to charge multiple device with say a 17 or 30 watt charger.  Your devices will likely throttle how fast they can/will take a charge, but think of having a a multiport charger is a good thing to minimize charge time for your iphone, battery, camera and headlamp at the same time may get you away from the AC outlets and back on the trail faster.  Good analysis with save you money in the long run.  i.e.  If you are hanging around the trail restaurants and bars (trail vortices), you’re going to carry the extra weight by drinking & eating more while you wait for your devices to charge.

Check out the specs on which phones charge fast and power your iPhone. ravpower dot com.  My equipment is below.
Battery:
RAVPower 10050mAh Waterproof Dustproof and Shockproof Power Bank Built-in Flashlight Black

Charger:  RAVPower 30W 3-Port USB Wall Charger

HYOH and DYOA.

(DYOA - Do Your Own Analysis - I think I just made that up)

Rick