[pct-l] hanging food

Stephen Adams reddirt23 at att.net
Sun Jan 29 12:49:49 CST 2017

Oh there's plenty of places to properly, or what we used to consider properly hanging food sacks.  But like your comment regarding the old brown bear boxes at places like Vidette, Rae Lakes etc, They create a limited selection of stopping points.
I dislike having to carry a bongo drum canister too, but it surely does add a certain amount of freedom and added safety, both for bear and human hiker.  IF you saw the hangs we used to make(read counter ballance) you'd wonder how the heck we ever got the food back down.
There also used to be cables strung in places at popular camps for people to hang food.  More so at stock camps but there was still one along Bubbs ten years ago for one of the old trail crew camps.