[pct-l] Snow conditions Castle Crag north to Ashland

Laraine Downer larainekate at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 29 20:39:13 CDT 2017

I was hoping to solo hike these sections beginning about August 16th. I see lots of postings in June and July about SNOW problems. If anyone has been up there more recently, would appreciate any info. you can offer. I have options of either beginning at Castle Crags or skip ahead to Hwy. 3 or Etna Summit. Prefer not to bring ice axe or crampons!
Good luck to all out there on the trail, it's an amazing experience!
Ladeda/Laraine