[pct-l] Agua Dulce Fire Restriction

Rick Parker rickrparker at icloud.com
Thu Mar 23 10:55:44 CDT 2017

As I am about to launch out in a few days, knowing the status of the burn would help me plan food and other necessary expectations.  I have heard lots of conjecture from the nice folks at KOA, trail gorillas and some more cavalier than I am that it is no problem to hike the restriction area.  I can’t seem to get the right resources to talk from the Mojave/Santa Clara Ranger/Forest folks - understanding that they are busy and likely don’t fly a desk all day.  I appreciate that the PCTA won’t post until it is absolutely open or have something in writing for the agencies.  It seems to me the Lake Fire, Blue Cut and Diablo fire were all open “shortly” after the burns - all totally different soils and foliage etc.  So does anyone have any experience for an old guy like me to expect it to be open on say April 20th or so.  Otherwise it looks like the Angeles Crest Hwy or Aliso Canyon Road is the walkout.  Perhaps difficult to hitch.  Trail Angels?  Thank you in advance Rick