[pct-l] poodle-dog bush in section F

David Hough reading PCT-L pctl at oakapple.net
Sat May 27 09:22:53 CDT 2017

When I was hiking in section F a couple of weeks ago, some northbounders
warned me that poodle-dog bush was along the trail in some of the burned
areas.    There sure are a lot of burned areas in So Cal so that would not
be too surprising.    I'm not sure how useful the warning was to me since
it was not in bloom and I didn't know what to look for without the
characteristic flowers.     Anyway I survived without dermatitis.

I'm wondering if anybody who can make a positive identification saw it
there.    This spring I was hiking from Landers Meadow to the LA
Aqueduct at various times.