[pct-l] Rain Gear or Plastic Rain coat

marmot marmot marmotwestvanc at hotmail.com
Wed May 31 18:57:35 CDT 2017

I believe that plastic rain gear is fragile to wear and awkward to pack. If you would like to go cheaply try DriDuks (sp ?) or Froggtoggs. There are also house brands from the same material at Bass Pro.   I've used them for years and can usually get 1,000+ miles out of a set.  They can be washed but I don't suggest you dry them. If you don't do a lot of bushwhacking they should be fine. They don't build up moisture inside while you hike.
I've bought them for less than $40 for a set
The likelihood that you will hike that section with no rain is high. But I use the rain gear as part of my layering system. Keeps me warm in the morning.
Marmot

Sent from my iPhone