[pct-l] Permit

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Wed Nov 1 15:59:08 CDT 2017

On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 12:17 PM, marmot marmot
<marmotwestvanc at hotmail.com> wrote:
> . There is almost no place where a campfire is allowed.

While this is somewhat true for the first 600 miles or so of the PCT
(it is actually more complicated because each jurisdiction has their
own rules, but "no campfires and only stoves with a shutoff valve" is
the most restrictive, so that works for all of them) it is most
certainly not true north of Kennedy Meadows (South). I am speaking
about the legal aspects of a campfire, not the ethical aspects. That
is a different question.

But as Smokey Bear says: "only you can prevent forest fires," so lets
all be careful out there, even with our camp stoves with shutoff
valves.

You can get your free "California Fire Permit"  here:
http://www.preventwildfireca.org/Campfire-Permit/