[pct-l] The 2018 permits season opens on November 1, 2017. [ TODAY ]

Paint YW paintyourwagonhikes at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 18:39:38 CDT 2017

Brick,

Thank you for explaining the ins and outs of the permit process in the
first 700 miles or so. You do it each year, right around the time we apply
for permits, providing a check and balance of sorts, on the overall permit
requirements. [ You rebel ]

First and foremost, I like to get a long distance hiking permit for the
affirmation it represents in my goal to hike the PCT.

Second, I don't mind helping myself in clearing the way for a smooth hike
north, by keeping the Federales at bay, when and where encountered.

Third, I usually renew my PCTA membership at said time, and opt for a
permit to exit the Whitney Portal, whether I plan to or not, knowing a
couple dollars might go to some kind of forestry kitty.

Best regards,

Paint