[pct-l] Scout update

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Wed Nov 1 19:16:36 CDT 2017

For those of you who haven't been following Scout's journal on TJ, here's an update.

He finished his sobo AT hike a few days ago and has now triple-crowned. Frodo and other family were there to celebrate with him at Springer Mtn.

My wife Jane and I were privileged to host Scout, Frodo (who had joined him for a week or so in NE TN), and 3 other young hikers (Aloha, Frankie, and Dot) at our cabin near Roan Mtn. a couple of weeks ago. Like hundreds of others, I was hosted by Scout & Frodo in San Diego before starting on the PCT.

We have enjoyed hosting many AT hikers there, some of whom are also PCTer's, e.g., Shroomer, Dusty, Tomato, and Zero/Zero. I hoped to get Rolling Thunder to stop by, but he was with a group with several friends and relatives in the Johnson City / Erwin area, so that didn't work out.

Mango