[pct-l] Switchback & Reinhold

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Fri Nov 17 01:53:07 CST 2017

Switchback,
If I remember correct, you told me some time ago that you will need a
knee replacement.

Get well soon...the list needs hardcore hikers like you to pass on hard
earned wilderness
knowledge, earned during a time when only hard core mountain men like
Switchback
and Reinhold dared to roam around in the wilderness carrying everything
they needed
to survive anything mother nature could throw at them, in huge metal
frame packs, living
of the land and making bears nervous.
They just don't make'm like us any more...they don't make'm out of the
same metal anymore.

Say...you guys think hiking is tough nowadays?...click the below link to
see what tough hiking
is all about.

http://imgur.com/aJGLZTh

JMT Reinhold
Deadliest Bazooka Gunner in Vietnam
Some girls say also the best looking one

On 11/11/2017 5:23 PM, hiker97 at aol.com wrote:
> Well, I am driving my car again and it is wonderful after 6-months in
> the hospital and rehab homes.  I hope to get the trike started
> tomorrow with a new battery.  As far as the High Sierras and
> mountainman adventures, we will be going to the Ahwahnee Hotel in
> Yosemite Valley in early December to see the annual holiday play.  I
> might try to ride the trike over to Lone Pine and Bishop in a few
> weeks if I am lucky.  I would love to see the mighty Sierras again.  I
> remember when the last Ice Age glaciers were melting out the Sierras
> and Saber Tooth Tigers were roaming the trails looking for solo
> backpackers to pick off.  Back in those days we did not have all the
> fancy gear that folks have today. /*We knew that pain was only
> weakness leaving the body*/.
> Cheers, Switchback

---