[pct-l] Hiking companion? Mile 168.7 SB to Mile 162.7?

Ron Graybill rgraybill44 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 23:06:02 CDT 2018

Anyone interested in joining me to hike (at about 2 mph) the section of the
PCT opened last Nov, from Spitler Peak Trail down to Cedar Spring Trail?
This area had been closed since the Mountain Fire in 2013.

I propose to camp at Apple Canyon Campground on Apple Canyon Road just off
Highway 74, then get up at the crack of dawn and go up the road to the
Spitler Peak Trailhead, thence up that trail the 5 or 5 miles to the PCT at
Mile 168.7, thence southbound six miles to the Cedar Spring Trail at PCT
Mile 162.7, and down that trail to Girl Scout Camp Scherman on Morris Ranch
Road.

How I'll get back to my car at the Spitler Peak trailhead depends on
whether someone want to join me.

I may camp Saturday night, April 14, and hike Sunday April 15 (tax day!
but I've already filed.)

Ron Graybill
3290 E Yountville Dr., Unit 13
Ontario, CA  91761