[pct-l] Jawbone Canyon Road

Gary Schenk gary at hbfun.org
Fri Apr 20 16:33:06 CDT 2018

On Fri, April 20, 2018 2:17 pm, Jim Banks wrote:
> Has anyone had any recent experience with driving Jawbone Canyon Road in
> California Section F?  In particular the section from where it crosses
> Kelso
> Valley Road and then goes up to the PCT.  Do you need a 4 wheel drive
> vehicle to get up to the PCT or would a 2 wheel drive pickup be able to
> make
> it?  Thanks.

I-Beam,

Are you talking about the Geringer Grade section? I did that part of
Jawbone last year in a Subaru Outback. It was very sandy at one sharp
curve near the top, that was the tricky part. If you did stop there it
would be a fairly short walk to PCT. That's probably been graded since
then. Many years ago I drove that bit in a 2wd pickup. I think you'll be
OK. Good luck.

Gary