[pct-l] Mid May starting at mile marker 1, Campo

imscotty at aol.com imscotty at aol.com
Sun Apr 29 22:35:04 CDT 2018

Hey Philip, I will also be starting at Campo on May 16th on a LASH (Long Ass Section Hike).  I hope to see you there.  I plan on camping out at the Stone Museum the night before and walking to the monument in time for the sunrise.  If you are arriving later in the day, no worries, I am pretty sure you will catch up to me :)

I am pretty sure we will not be alone.  The PCTA has booked 50 permits per day from Campo until June 3rd!

Yah, the desert will be hotter and dryer, the water caches may be used up and the Trail Angels fewer and farther between, but we will adapt.  If you stick to your knitting and not take too many zeros my guess is you will catch up to some of the early starters by the time you get through the Sierras.

Enjoy yourself and I hope to see you there.

Scotty