[pct-l] Alpine Lakes Wilderness, air situation

Barry Teschlog tokencivilian at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 22 10:38:55 CDT 2018

Mid September is a long way's off.
The entire state could be on fire then....or we could have had a week of rain and the fires will be out with crystal clear skies.....or socked in clouds and fog..
The forecast for the upcoming weekend is that we'll get some showers up in the mountains Saturday and Sunday.  I suspect that'll clear out quite a bit of the smoke and at least knock down the fires here (but not be enough to put them out).
So, my advice is that you should keep your options open until the last minute.