[pct-l] multi-day backpacking and digestive upset

David Hough reading PCT-L pctl at oakapple.net
Sun Dec 30 19:20:54 CST 2018

Have you been in the situation, repeated over several trips, but not every
time, that around the third or fourth day you get an evil digestive upset
that imodium won't touch?

The particular characteristics of interest are that
 * it only happens while backpacking after a few days
   (hence food or water or physical activity are key)
 * it only happens to you, not to others in your group with the same diet
and physical activity
 * it stops as soon as you stop backpacking.

If your experience fits these parameters, you might be able to help others.
Take a look at

 http://pcnst.oakapple.net/ibs.txt

which is currently a discussion between two sufferers.

If you have positive experiences to share about causes,
preventions, and treatments, please let me know and I will add your
data to the discussion there.

David Hough