[pct-l] what happened to PCT-l ... and the message traffic that once lived here

Scott Diamond scott.diamond.mail at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 15:23:55 CST 2018

But Facebook isn't the only option. There is a Reddit PCT Discussion section
<https://www.reddit.com/r/PacificCrestTrail/> which is quite active. I just
looked at it and there were about a dozen posts just today. The discussion
on Reddit is very similar to the topics that are/were discussed on this
group. Personally I like Reddit more, insofar as the mechanics of handling
topics. Topics are organized in threads, I can save a whole thread and
follow comments on with one click, it hands split discussion on a topic.
I'm at loss to see a benefit of the PCT-L over Reddit. It is nice to have
one place to go to instead of checking multiple sites. I realize there is a
historic attachment to this e-mail list but maybe we should all move to
Reddit and put this list to rest?

      -Rover