[pct-l] Bicycles allowed in the Wilderness HR1349 Tom McClintock CA US Congressman

Jim Banks JimLBanks at verizon.net
Wed Jan 3 22:10:37 CST 2018

And Dana Rohrabacher, who represents a portion of Orange County in Southern California, is a co-sponsor of this legislation.  Rohrabacher is one of 24 Republican Congressmen whose district went for Clinton in the last election and who are being targeted by Democrats in this fall's election.  Rohrabacher has been a Congressman for many years, but his winning margin has been decreasing in each election.  If you live in his district, let him know how you feel about this legislation.  It may not do any good since he is a co-sponsor, but with the prospect of a very tight election this November, maybe he will change his position if he hears from enough of us.

If this legislation passes, it will forever change the PCT and other wilderness trails in a very negative way.  This has to be stopped now.  So no matter who your Congressman/Congresswoman is, let them know how you feel about this.

Jim Banks