[pct-l] Stoves are now OK to use in parts of Angeles NF

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Fri Jan 12 15:04:01 CST 2018

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 12:44 PM,  <nathan at bousfield.me> wrote:
> Looks like there is a new fire order that allows campfires and stoves in established recreation areas (campfires and stoves are prohibited outside established recreation areas) https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd569060.pdf

Thanks Nathan for this link. I re-posted it here with a different
subject line so people will be sure to see it

The old "no stoves at all" order was dated 4 Jan
https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/fseprd568359.pdf

This new order (linked to above) supersedes it, dated 12 Jan, and now
you can use your stove in an "established recreation area"

The sky is no longer falling as long as you cook in those areas.

Now back to discussing how PCT Thru Hikers can't be trusted with fire,
and the evilness of fire rings, and no-cook meals