[pct-l] a word about Etna

David Hough reading PCT-L pctl at oakapple.net
Tue Jul 31 00:10:39 CDT 2018

It's nice to see a whole town that has gotten on board with a positive
attitude about PCT hikers.    I discovered that the brewery was closed
when I was there, but the Paystreak was open (even though their website
isn't looking so good) - across from the museum with a big sign
welcoming PCT hikers.    Everybody seemed to be able to get a ride to
and from Etna Summit without too much trouble.

What a hoot - funky locals, funky musicians, funky hikers, but good
brews and food.    I was the age of the funky locals and musicians
rather than the funky hikers, and I could sing along because the musicians
were evidently listening to the same country music radio stations that
I was, forty years ago.