[pct-l] referring to points on the PCT

Susan Virnig susanvirnig at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 08:47:57 CDT 2018

Exactly what David Hough is referring to here is already available in eTrails, which I love.

Based on the old Wilderness Press guidebooks — which I’ve been using since I started section hiking the PCT in 1977 — it has tons of info available on geology, botany, history and just plain quirky stuff, which you can click on or ignore if you’re not interested.

Each section starts from zero, which I LOVE.  Much easier to track, especially for us section hikers, than knowing we’re 1,387.6 miles from Mexico.  Though, of course, I carry my own printed out Halfmile maps as a back-up in case that awful creek accident happens with my phone.  So far I’ve been lucky.

Anyway, eTrails is free.  Go to the app store and download it.  Many, many, many thanks to David Money Harris for creating it.

—Susan from Spokane, aka Sunshine