[pct-l] major update of Best on the Crest guide to food and lodging on the PCT

David Plotnikoff david at emeraldlake.com
Thu Mar 8 00:16:20 CST 2018

Hello PCT-l.

Best On the Crest: Food and Lodging Along the Pacific Crest Trail has
been completely updated and vastly expanded.  As always, you will find
it at

www.emeraldlake.com/pctguide

This is the first top-to-bottom, border-to-border revision in nearly a
decade.  It's now the digital equivalent of a 120-page book on PCT trail
towns.

When I started Best on the Crest in 2000, it was intended to augment the
official PCT town guide and other resources. The town guide has not been
updated since 2001.

As others have stepped in to fill the great information vacuum left by
the abandonment of the Wilderness Press guidebooks, I'm upping my game
with information that I hope will at least partially make up for the
absence of the town guide. In addition to food and lodging, you're going
to find more content on post offices, grocery stores, medical care,
merchants, public transit and logistics.

My fundamental goal has not changed 18 years: To give PCT hikers the
consumer intelligence they need to make smart choices in town. Please
direct comments, questions and complaints to PCTfeedback --et
--emeraldlake.com

All my best,
David Plotnikoff
david -et- emeraldlake.com