[pct-l] Introduction

TBrokaw at montmush.com TBrokaw at montmush.com
Thu Mar 8 14:03:00 CST 2018

Love to hear other hikers plans . Im long done with the desert sections but
will resume my MYTH hike at Castella where IMSCOTTY left off. May will be
hot. But allow me to suggest trying some night hiking. Being from the cool
central coast, I really suffered in the desert - until I discovered night
hiking. Seemed spooky at first with the thought of snakes, nocturnal
preditors, etc. But it was fantastic. All of the solitude you could want,
cool temps & fast pace. Many reject it thinking you miss the views. But
with some moon & starlight it is very beautiful. Give it a try! Happy
hiking all. Barista/Horchata

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 7, 2018, at 6:38 PM, imscotty at aol.com wrote:
>
> I was surprised to get a PCT-l email this week, I thought the list must
be dead.  I have switched out of digest mode so I do not get knocked off
the mailing list again.

> I am a section hiker, I have 720 miles done, from Crabtree Meadow to
where the PCT crosses Rt. 5 in Castella, CA.

> This year I am very excited to finally be hiking the desert section
starting at Campo.  I have been putting this off since I typically cannot
get away from work until summer.  I have a mid-May start date at Campo, so
hopefully I won't fry too much.  I hope to get at least 500 miles in, but
we will see.  I find it hard to leave the family for too long.

> Thanks, for keeping the list going, I find this format more useful than
the FB free-for-all.  You can also find me posting sometimes on Whiteblaze
as IMScotty.