[pct-l] PCT-l and flame wars

ned at mountaineducation.org ned at mountaineducation.org
Thu Mar 8 17:38:30 CST 2018

Well, I'm not one to point fingers, so I didn't want to say anything negative, but there were three individuals who got on my case pretty much every time I said anything about snow hiking. One threw me off his list back in 2006 or 7 because I was encouraging hikers to enter the Sierra "early" onto, God forbid, snow. (He admitted to me later that he doesn't like snow, doesn't see the sense of hiking on snow, and wouldn't wish it on anyone, so gave me the boot). Ok. Then there were the two who, like rabid dogs, would charge their fence every time I came close or spoke up. No names. You guys can probably figure it out. But, all in all, Brick's pct-l has been a great way for us to share ideas (yes, even to enter the Sierra "early" or carry a little more weight than some would do themselves), backpacking joys, and give warnings about stuff, bad gear, nasty conditions, etc..

Thanks, buddy!

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education, Inc.
ned at mountaineducation.org