[pct-l] , trail magic

windsor.jj at gmail.com windsor.jj at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 09:32:30 CDT 2018

Trail magic should be a joy and not an expectation for both the giver and receiver. Best trail magic I’ve ever had:  coming down Mt. Moosilauke on our southbound AT thru hike, SilverSpring and I met a group of guys with a backpack full of dry ice, beer and ice cream sandwiches.  The guys enjoyed our delight at drinking a Guinness and eating ice cream at 9 in the morning as much as we did!  It was a 10 minute encounter—we still smile every time we tell this story.

- TurtleHawk