[pct-l] Trail magic skeptics

Katy Shaw katyshaw at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 09:27:50 CDT 2018

Here’s my favorite trail angel story from my 2017 PCT hike:

I was sitting alone at the at the Green Valley ranger station, dejectedly eating some oatmeal, when I looked up to see Terrie Anderson walking toward me. She had her arms outstretched and was walking towards me with an enormous smile. I knew who she was but I had convinced myself that I didn’t have time to stop at Casa De Luna.  She gave me a big hug and convinced me to come to her house for the day. She didn’t know it but I had cried myself to sleep the night before and her act of kindness was a turning point for me on my hike.  After some pancakes and taco salad and some fellowship with kindred spirits, I was back to the trail the next morning feeling refreshed and at a much better place mentally and emotionally.

Thanks Terrie :)

-Unicorn
Class of 2017

Sent from my iPhone