[pct-l] Trail magic

Mike Smith mike.sm64 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 12:59:35 CDT 2018

My two favorites:
   Hiking north out of Idyllwild, I realized I had left a water bottle back
in town and began to fret about my water carrying capacity for dry sections
coming up. About the time my mind had come to the end of its ideas, I
rounded a corner and there was a water bottle in a notch on a rock. Problem
solved.
   Hiking north of Yosemite, I began to run out of gas at the end of each
day and realized I needed to increase my calorie count and protein
consumption. Shortly before reaching Sonora Pass, I passed a couple who
asked how my trip was going. I told them all was fine except for an
apparent protein deficiency. With that news, they reached into their packs
and handed over a bunch of chocolate coated protein bars that did not suit
their taste and were mine for the taking.
 Happy trails to all, --Lightfoot (PCT CA, 2003)