[pct-l] CA precipitation to date

Jay Bruins jbruins at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 23:35:48 CDT 2018

Note that starting in 2017, CNF limits wilderness permits each season from March 1st to May 15 for the section between the border and Mt Laguna to 5 persons per day (not counting PCT long distance permits). They are specifically trying to limit the impact of PCT hikers in this area.

Details here:
https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/cleveland/home/?cid=FSEPRD488307

They do, however, point out that if you could do the 20 miles to Lake Morena followed by 22 miles to Mount Laguna, you could avoid this permit by staying in designated campgrounds and/or the motel. I don’t believe Burnt Rancheria is open until 2018–04-13, however.

Happy hiking,
Armstrong