[pct-l] Dogs on the trail

carol bruno carolwbruno at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 18 19:33:27 CDT 2018

I have been section hiking for many years and have northern California, portions of southern Oregon and Washington remaining.  I would like to hear from section and/or thru hikers who have brought their dogs along.  Specifically want to know which sections are best for bringing pets. I usually hike August/September.   I have two standard poodles---very athletic dogs that love water and are very hardy obedient animals. I am aware of the pitfalls of bringing them along, but would still like some input from those of you who have had experiences both good and bad.BTW, for those who asked:  Switchback is alive and well.  If it weren't for him I would never have had the courage to continue on the PCT---perfect gentleman in every respect despite his efforts to reflect differently;)

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android