[pct-l] Last 300 miles

Ikem Freeman ikem.freeman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 16:49:33 CDT 2018

O. (Oscar) Ikem SoFar, here. Hope everyone is doing well. I also really
hope that this will be the year that I finally finish the hike that I
started in '08. I have (give or take) about 300 miles to finish ... I left
off at Highway 12 in Washington.

Has anyone heard how the snow pack is shaping up this year? Lite, Normal,
heavy? I doubt heavy.

In a normal year, I've heard that you can't start a SB trek until July 1.
I'll be NB, but in the same neighborhood as the early SBers.

I'm living in Boise, Idaho now, so I'll likely hitch a ride to Washington,
head West on Highway 12 until I reach the PCT.

In past years, I've requested an entry permit from the fine folks in
Canada, with plans to hike to Hope, then West to Vancouver. I doubt I'll do
that this time. I'll go to the border, take my pictures, then turn around
and hike back to first major road. Is that about 30 miles or so of
back-track?

Good to see that this list is still running. I'll be honest ... I have not
checked it or posted here in a very long time.

O. Ikem SoFar, Class of '08