[pct-l] What's a Crowd

timpnye timpnye at gmail.com
Tue May 8 13:03:18 CDT 2018

Not if you're hitching into Lake Isabella. Or, if you're looking for a room there.
This is the new normal.
On the positive side, it seemed as if half the hikers that came through Mt. Laguna's Burnt Rancheria were international. I think that changes the dynamic to less of a party atmosphere, but that remains to be shown over time.
-------- Original message --------From: Gary Schenk <gary at hbfun.org> Date: 5/8/18  8:22 AM  (GMT-08:00) To: PCT List <pct-l at backcountry.net> Subject: [pct-l] What's a Crowd
Sunday, on the way to bag a couple of peaks, we stopped at Walker Pass
campground to have a quick breakfast.

Tents everywhere! Must have been a minimum of 30 people camped out there.
That can't possible be fun, can it?

Gary