[pct-l] Between Mica and Suiattle

John Papini jtpapini at icloud.com
Sun Nov 4 00:51:18 CDT 2018

On that same topic, here is a link to the discussion thread where Nancy (the woman who called SAR) discusses the issue real-time with other forum members, starting with a nice trip report describing her first meeting with Katharina through bad weather reports, discussions about where she might have hiked to and what dangers she’s facing, to the SAR call and subsequent waiting and rescue. Even includes a nice point-counterpoint on the merits (and dangers!) of replacing maps with gps.

http://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8028533&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Sent from my iPhone - please excuse any typographical errors!